Friday, December 7, 2007

Renovations and websites

Teleconference Room
The teleconference room renovations in the old circulation desk space are scheduled to be completed before the holiday break. We’ve been waiting for the large window frame to arrive. As soon as that is installed the room will be painted and carpeting will be laid down. It looks as if the teleconferencing equipment will be installed during the first or second week of January.

AZHealthInfo.org and AZGoLocal.org
Many of you are familiar with these two AHSL websites. The first provides information about Arizona health problems and public health issues. The second provides links to healthcare services and providers in Arizona. Both were developed with grant funding and that funding is now running out. I have heard from many people who are impressed with the high quality of both sites. I believe that we are providing a useful service to the citizens of Arizona by maintaining these sites. However, it takes time and effort on the part of several people to keep these sites up-to-date and accurate.

Jeanette, Jacque and I have been talking to people at AHCCCS/AZ211, the state Medicare agency and the group who supports 211 – the emergency response telephone network and website. They are very impressed with our two websites that fulfill a lot of the functions that they want to provide to the state. We are talking with them about possible ongoing support for one or both of these projects. I will keep you posted.

No comments: