Friday, February 1, 2008

Systems vision and more on the budget

Systems “visioning”
One of the roles that everyone in the Systems Department plays is current awareness. They pay attention to new technologies and products and how they are being used or how they could be used in the library. With our Systems Department moving outside of the library and with no Systems Librarian, we need someone to fill this role. I have asked Kristy if she will help us. All of you may not know that she was the Head of Library Technology Services at the Medical College of Georgia before joining the AHSL-Phoenix. She will be keeping up with the latest trends in library technology and will be available to help us decide on the viability of new technology-related projects. Please feel free to call her with questions or ideas.

Budget woes begin
Dean Joiner has announced a plan to increase College of Medicine faculty salaries. This will be partially funded by “sweeping” vacant positions. I have been informally notified that we should not open any searches since at least one FTE vacancy will be taken. I have no more details right now.

No comments: