Friday, November 13, 2009

Compliment and Meetings

Compliment
The other day, on my way into the building, I was chatting with a faculty member. As we each went our separate ways, he turned and said, “You know you have the most helpful staff I’ve ever worked with. They all go out of their way to be helpful.” I thanked him for passing that on to me and now I want to pass it on to you. Thanks everyone for treating our users so well!

AAHSL/AAMC meetings
Last Saturday through Tuesday Jeanette and I attended the annual meeting of the Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries held in conjunction with the meeting of the Association of American Medical Colleges. It was a great opportunity to talk with our library colleagues, College of Medicine folks from UA and other universities and to learn about national trends that may affect the library. Some of the interesting speakers included Deval Patrick, Governor of Massachusetts, former Senator Tom Daschle, and form NIH Director Harold Varmus. Patrick has led Mass. in healthcare reform, Daschle gave us the national perspective on healthcare reform and Varmus is the creator of PubMed Central, an open-access repository for the results of NIH research.

No comments: