Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Code, Budget, SLC, HTG!

Code of Conduct
Sandy and Javad have been working with others and with the Main Library to create a code of conduct. This code will allow us to have a standard that we can apply when we observe inappropriate behavior by library users. This is an internal document so I will attach it to the email update but will not include it in the blog posting. If you have questions or concerns about the code, please refer them to Sandy.

Budget
The university has been working for over a year on a new process to distribute tuition funds based on teaching hours. They are now working on how to determine funding for the libraries and other central services in this plan. Next week I’ll be meeting with Dr. Crist’s financial staff to discuss this a plan to direct more “indirect costs” from research grants to the AHSL

Travels
Next Monday and Tuesday I will be at the Eccles Health Sciences Library at the University of Utah for a meeting of the Four Corners Directors. This group meets several times a year to share ideas and plans and to evaluate possible collaborations. I’ll be bringing my winter coat!

Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope that everyone has a happy, safe and relaxing break!

No comments: